The submission of Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data is required of all public school districts and open-enrollment charter schools. Student attendance and contact hours will again be reported at the student detail level, for the entire school year, through the PEIMS. The Student Attendance Accounting Handbook (handbook) provides districts and charter schools with the Foundation School Program (FSP) eligibility requirements of all students and the minimum requirements of all student attendance accounting systems.
The handbook —
- describes the Foundation School Program (FSP) eligibility requirements of all students;
- prescribes the minimum standards for all attendance accounting systems, whether manual or automated;
- lists the documentation requirements for attendance audit purposes;
- specifies the minimum standards for systems that are entirely functional without the use of paper; and
- details the responsibilities of all district and charter school personnel involved in student attendance accounting.
The handbook is for all school district and charter school personnel involved in the student attendance accounting process. No school district or charter school official (or any other person in your district or charter school) has the authority, either implied or actual, to change or alter any rules, regulations, or reporting requirements specified in this handbook.